It has been noted that low level of skills, knowledge and education has contributed significantly to poor business management, low productivity, poor quality of products and inability to compete in the local and global markets.
A low level of skills, knowledge, education and lack of resources limit the effective participation of many Nigerians in economic activities. A low level of education is amongst the reasons why Nigerians continue to embrace inhibitive customs and traditions that are disadvantageous to development. Therefore development and implementation of entrepreneurship training programme is a way to address these limitations.
In order to address this, the VEC is in the process of developing measures to address the situation. Some of the measures include;Some of the measures include;
* Carrying out training needs assessment with the aim of understanding the existing capacity and the gap that need to be filed.
* Facilitate development of entrepreneurship training package and modules in collaboration with training institutions.
* Develop an effective entrepreneurship training programmes (technical and managerial) and devise mechanism for implementing them
* Facilitate the actual training of entrepreneurs in collaboration with training institutions
* Build capacity of some training institution which are in the regions in order to be able to render trainings to the entrepreneurs including training of trainers.
* Facilitate development of entrepreneurship training curriculum in collaboration with respective ministries and institutions which deals with curriculum development.